MFB offers work experience placements to year 10 secondary school students.
Students should note that the positions offered are primarily of an administrative nature. Students are unable to undertake work experience at fire stations or on firefighting activities but may be exposed to relevant activities such as Fire Warden Training.
Work experience is available at the following locations depending on availability:
- East Melbourne (operational/corporate)
- Burnley (operational)
- Thornbury (automotive workshop)
Positions in these areas are limited and only made available to students with a genuine interest in the MFB.
How to apply
Interested students are required to provide a resume and a cover letter detailing:
- why they are interested in participating in work experience at the MFB
- the department/area of interest (eg. corporate, operational, automotive)
- relevant experience
- work experience dates (include all available dates to maximise your chances of placement)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of requests, students will be placed for a maximum of one week.
Work experience requests should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high volume of requests received, work experience placements for 2016 are now full.
Applications for 2017 work experience placements will be open from 1 December 2016 to 31 March 2017. Placement offers will not be issued until mid-February 2017 at the earliest.