The MFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, recruiting solely on the basis of relative ability, knowledge and skill.
Do you have what it takes? Find out in this video.....
The MFB offers:
- excellent remuneration
- comprehensive training that provides nationally recognised qualifications
- shift work
- a strong team environment
- excellent career advancement opportunities.
Role of a Career Fire-Fighter:
MFB firefighters have a very diverse role, which provides opportunities for specialisation and career progression.
Emergency response activities include:
- suppression of all types of fires
- urban search and rescue
- high angle rescue
- road accident rescue
- emergency medical response (EMR)
- emergencies on waters in Port Phillip Bay and the metropolitan river system
- industrial accidents and hazardous material handling and storage incidents
- assisting other combat agencies in emergencies.
Community Resilience activities include:
- educating the community about fire safety
- working with diverse community groups, across all age groups, to promote emergency prevention and preparedness activities through a variety of community resilience programs.
Other activities include:
- training - skills maintenance and acquisition
- maintenance of equipment
- involvement in exercises with the public through evacuation drills
- installing smoke alarms for senior Victorians
- participation in joint emergency training exercises with the Police and Ambulance Service
- building inspections
- checking water supplies
- cleaning vehicles and maintenance of fire station.
Females, people from non-English speaking backgrounds and Indigenous Australians are all encouraged to apply.