Retired firefighter John Berry has dedicated his life to the community and fire prevention.
The Order of Australia is an order of chivalry that recognises Australian citizens and other persons for achievement or meritorious service.
MFB would like to acknowledge retired MFB Superintendent John Berry who has been awarded the OAM as part of the 2016 Australia Day honours.
Mr John Albert Berry received the award for service to the community, and to fire prevention.
His service includes:
- Secretary and Treasurer, Victorian Branch, Retired Firefighters Association of Australia (RFA), 1999-2014.
- Contributor to the RFA magazine, 'Water Off'.
- Superintendent, Metropolitan Fire Brigade, 1985-1988. District Officer, 1979-1985.
Station Officer Grade 1, 1976-1979.
Station Officer Grade 2, 1963-1976.
- Pioneered report into the prevalence of cancer in firefighters and submitted it to the Public Bodies Review Committee, 1991.
- Member, State Management Committee, United Firefighter's Union, no dates.
- Member, Lower Plenty Progress Association, no dates.
- Leader, Lower Plenty Scout Group, Scouts Victoria, no dates.
No information available to download