Fire Investigation and Analysis
The Fire investigation and analysis unit investigates fires with the aim to identify the cause.
- fulfils legislative function in accordance with MFB Act and Coroners Act
- prepares and presents briefs for all fire related fatalities
- identifies and analyses fire trends
- conducts investigations of incidents/fires with a view to carrying out a detailed analysis so that it can document lessons learnt for life safety and property loss purposes
- investigates and assists Victoria Police with malicious “false alarm of fire” prosecutions
- provides training to Victoria Police, Fire Services, Forensic Scientists and Military Police
- provides advice to insurance investigators, statutory authorities, and the community in general
- identifies faulty products and poor work practices which cause fires in order to eliminate same.
View all products that have been recalled on the Product Safety Register at www.recalls.gov.au