Multicultural Liaison Officers
The MFB has appointed a Multicultural Liaison Officer (MLO) in each of its four zones (see below).
The MLO’s role is to liaise with new and emerging communities, and link them to MFB services and programs.
The MLOs play an essential role in identifying fire risks amongst multicultural communities and assisting the MFB to better respond to the community safety needs of new and emerging communities as well as long established ones.
Examples of work undertaken by the MFB’s MLOs:
- Representing the MFB in local committees such ethnic communities councils, local councils multicultural networks and community safety committees
- Mobilising MFB resources for participation in local festivals and events
- Presenting fire safety information to local multicultural groups
- Participation in multi-agency community safety projects
The MLOs can be contacted as follows:
(03) 9665 9710
(03) 9665 9746
(03) 9665 4358 or mobile: 0407530310
(03) 9665 4479
How to contact the MLOs via an interpreter
If you would like to contact one of the MFB’s MLOs and speak in your language, you can contact the Translating and Interpreting Services(TIS) on 13 14 50, and identify the language you speak.
TIS will connect you to an interpreter, once the interpreter is on the line, you should then ask to be connected to one of the MFB’s MLO in your zone.